What Is a Cookie?
First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by http://www.tolafghan.com).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to Delete and Block our Cookies
Changing your Cookie Settings. The browser settings for changing your cookies settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
More information. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
The cookies we may use on Tolafghan may be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies let you move around the Tolafghan site and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to Tolafghan site and to authenticate you
- Make sure you connect to the right service on Tolafghan when we make any changes to the way it works
- For security purposes
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the Tolafghan, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee how Tolafghan or the security on Tolafghan site will perform during your visit.
Third Party Analytics and Service Providers
Facebook Connect. For more information about what Facebook collects when you use Facebook buttons on the Tolafghan site, please see:.
Facebook Ads. For more information about what Facebook collects and your choices around Facebook Ads, please see:.
- Twitter: For more information about what Twitter collects when you use Twitter buttons on the Tolafghan site or visit pages on the Tolafghan site that include these buttons, please see: the .
- LinkedIn: For more information about what LinkedIn collects when you use LinkedIn buttons on the Tolafghan site or visit pages on the Tolafghan site that include these buttons, please see the
Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on; if you want to opt out of Google Analytics, you can download and install the add-on for your web browser.